Tuesday, October 7, 2008

4-day break from marathon training at its peak???

No running this week so far. The crazy half marathon after the 8mi warm up on Saturday was more strenuous than I thought.  There are minor strains in my right foot muscles.  I must have been compensating for the splinter causing strains in other parts of the right foot.

Perhaps a mini-break before another heavy week might not be such a bad idea. It just feels that if I run , I may make the strains worse. This weekend is my last weekend with a long run so it not worth the risk. 

There are couple of options for this weekend. There is another half marathon this weekend in Staten Island. Its a fun race with the commute on Staten Island ferry which is always fun. Also the race pass close to the NYC marathon start area. Other option is, so called, three bridge run by Flyers. This run starts in Central Park down to south tip of manhattan, over the Brooklyn Bridge and back over the 59th St bridge back. It sounds like a lot of fun but I don't think I should risk running on all these urban paths after the splinter I got last week.

In the meantime, I miss running. I cant imagine not being able to run barefoot anymore once it gets too cold. I have already started doing research on what is possible and what I can do now to help adapt my feet to cold. I got the first taste of cold weather today while biking to work. Bzzzz...

BF in NY for 665mi

No comments: