Sunday, March 15, 2009

8mi@9:10mi/min hafl Barbara, DL165#, 170Pullups, 50 Ring dips!

8mi@9:10mi/min 1:14:41@168/187
Another slow training run which turned out to be pretty fast 8mi@9:10mi/min. At 50 degrees it was almost too hot to run since it was quite humid. I need to start running in sub 50 degrees, especially when its dry. The dirt path was wettish but not too to wet or cold to run on. It made fo a nice soft path to run on. The only harsh part was the chipped wood part on west side of the reservior. It was supplemented with brand new chipped wood which was a bit to hard to run on since it wasnt really broken into a path yet. But its good that I didnt get any blisters. The soles are a bit tender but nothing major. There is slight bit of dead outer skinning giving out which is probably a good thing.

WOD#74 (half) Barbara 2.5 x (20PU, 30Push, 40Sit, 50SQT) 29:54@147/167
Barbara is EVIL. I did not realize the simple math that 5 rounds of 20 pull ups and 30 pushups means 100 pullups and 150 pushups! I am nowhere in shape to do this, despite TWO rest days I took. At the end of the second round I started feeling pain in left shoulder upper joint and I had to stop soon after. Even pushups were hard to do with the shoulder pain. This is the second time I did Barbara. Both times I did half the Rxed workout except last time I did all 5 rounds of half the reps and this time I did 2.5rounds of full reps. Unfortunately, the timing was SLOWER this time by couple of minutes which sucks. Very disappointing, especially after wasting two days taking rest.

Oh well! May be next time. After all the art of maximizing benefit from crossfit is to not give up during hard workout despite pain and strong desire to quit but at the same time not to overdo when a specific pain becomes a threat of full-fledged injury. Its hard to differentiate but in this cse, the shoulder pain was sharp shooting and I had to stop as my form started detiorating rapidly.

WOD#75 7x(10HSPU, 10 LPull, 15Lunge) 20min@149/169
7 rounds in twenty minutes of 10 Handstand (with knees support) Push-ups, 10 L Pull-ups, 15 Step Lunge. I liked this workout. All in all, 70 L-pull ups is not an easy feat, especially on day after doing 50 regular pullups in Barabara. The HR was pretty high, especially during the lunges. Between the three routines and HR elevation, this was a pretty good whole body workout. Most rounds were about 2:50sec except first two and last one which were about 2min. I had whole minute left after round 7 which I used only for HSPU.

WOD#76 SP65#, BkSquat85#, DL165#
PR in DL at 165#. In fact, I stopped at 165# even though I did 3reps instead of 1. No reason just taking it easy. On the third rep, the finger grip was the limiting factor. Pushpress at 85# was too much for me. BkSquat at 85# was probably not the limit but since I had done 125 airsquat previous day, I couldnt push to the limits on squats. There is another wod coming up with 3-3-3-3-3 backsquats. I will try to push the weight past 85# and see how it goes. Also other limiting factor is inability to squat all the way down so I dont want to just keep adding weight without making sure I can do the reps with full depth.

WOD#77 10Rounds (5Pull, 5RingDip, 15Sit) 30min@118/147
My first wod using rings! WOD called for 5 ring dips per rounds. My form as horrible but atleast I got started. This may be as bad a challenge as pullups if not worse. I still cannot hold still on rings on top of the dip position. Also the depth of each dip was barely couple of inches. I had to push rings up to at least get those two inches without use for push from floor (height spec: top of ring same level as nipples).

Pullups on the other hand are getting stronger. I did all 10 rounds with the 5 pull ups unbroken despite lack of kipping ability at door pullup bar. I still dont do the pullups through 100% range of motion but at least I can do them unbroken. I tried to do the last of the 5 with deeper ROM with some success which is encouraging. Also pullup count for the week is 170 (50, 70L, 50) which is not too shabby.

BF in NY for 848mi
WOD#74 (half) Barbara 2.5 x (20PU, 30Push, 40Sit, 50SQT) 29:54@147/167
WOD#75 7x(10HSPU, 10 LPull, 15Lunge) 20min@149/169
WOD#76 SP65#, BkSquat85#, DL165#
WOD#77 10Rounds (5Pull, 5RingDip, 15Sit) 30min@118/147

No comments: