Friday, December 25, 2009

186 5x(Ring Push/Inv Hand descend) 22:08@131.168

186 5x(Ring Push/Inv Hand descend) 22:08@131.168
The wod involved two brand new motions. Ring push ups and straight body descend fron inverted hang (from PU bar for me). Ring pushups were harder than I thought but somehow, I got better at it as I learned how to control the rings. I had to shamelessly lean against ropes every now and then and some of the pushups were not deep enough but it got better. I improved from 5-5-5 half pushups to 15 continous and deep pushups by the fifth set.

Inverted hang was, of course, whole different ball game. There was no way I could keep my body straight even once on way down. I dont think I even managed to get a proper starting position of inverted hang with straight body. So this motion was just a deeper variation of L-hang. Other challenge was to keep hands straight on way down at elbows which was quite difficult. I had never tried this skill-drill before so I need to practice it some more going forward.

186 5x(Ring Push/Inv Hand descend) 22:08@131.168

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing as always