Sunday, February 4, 2007

4mi race, very nice


The race was a lot of fun. The wind chill of 3F was not anywhere as bad as I had thought. I guess warm up 1.5 mi run to start helped. The race was the first of the wave kind at cp. As usual I was at the very end and didnt get to start till 9:21. I started the race slowly and speeded up after the first mile. The last mile was the fastest. Didnt really understand why HR shot up to 210, the mechanism/battery must have failed due to extreme cold. Anyway, third mile felt a little effort but in general, the race was one of the least painful. In fact, I could easily break into all out run at end with not much effort. Btw, interestingly enough, the water cups were frozen over and I had to break the ice to get some water. very crazy.
specs:
Distance: 4.0 Miles, 6.4 Kilometers Date/Time: Feb. 4, 2007, 9:00 am Sponsor: NYRR -->Location: Central Park, NYC Weather: 14 deg., 29% humidity, wind 16 mph.

No comments: