Sunday, May 3, 2009

WOD#108 21-15-9 45#OHS/BurpeePU 16:43@167/191

WOD#108 21-15-9 45#OHS/BurpeePU 16:43@167/191

21-15-9 at 7:03-6:09-3:29 with PUburpee and OHS @ 45#. This seems like a brand new wod. I dont think I have done burpee pullup before. Burpees in general are pretty exausting. But burpee pullup not only adds pullup element to burpee but also needs very quick coordination to grasp the bar on the way up from burpee without looking up too early. I religiously tried to make the transition from burpee jump up to pullup bar fluid. This was the most fun part of the wod. Its amazing how sharp coordination gets when your brain senses danger of falling down despite the exersion. The trick was to take break (which were quite unavoidable for me) in sitting position after finishing pushup and jump up without looking up or aiming and then try to figure out how to grab the bar on the jump up on the fly. Only part needs some work is the transition from end of the pullup/jump into push up. I just dont know how rest of the crossfitters do this transition so fluidly. I have to drag my feet back, often one at a time which just doesnt feel right. If I can figure out a way to continue down the pushup after sitting down in a fluid motion, I think my burpees will improve a lot. On overhead squat front, I decided to take it easy with just the 45# bar and that turned out to be excellent choice. I was having vey hard time keeping the bar overhead as I got exausted. In fact, couple of time, I just had to bring the bar down to hang position since I could not hold OHS stance even in standing mode. This needs some core/midline stabalization as strength wasnt really the issue, just balancing bar overhead was tough. Perhaps I will start doing some GHDs every other day or so.

WOD#108 21-15-9 45#OHS/BurpeePU 16:43@167/191

No comments: