Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Weightlifting Mania DL205#, SP75#, Clean/Jerk95#

WOD#98 HPClean/SplitJerk 7x1 95#
45#, 65#, 85#, 95#. It was easier than I thought even though 95# is a PR for me. It must have been the fresh arms after long break. Also no major breakdown in form etc. The trick was to decrease width of the grip so that the clean part end on a right position for jerk setup. Also it helps to make the grip deep in the palms in the clean even though its a pull because it minimizes the strain on wrist on jerk. I did go for split jerk than plain jerk as it just felt right. I am not sure if thats a problem. Split jerks are so much more fun than regular jerks anyway.
WOD#99 Crossfit TOTAL! DL 205# (PR), BkSquat 85#, SP 75# (PR)
All three PRs but bksquat was equaling PR not exceeding. DL was a MAJOR PR up from 165#. Also the grip was hard but it felt like I could go up some more. Interestingly SP was exact opposite. I tried 85# couple of times with no success. Even 75# SP was technically incomplete since I halted halfway through but made it in a second push. Its just amazing to see this big difference in leg strength vs arm strength. Bk Sqaut was not a 100% effort as my heels and calfs are still not 100% after the 10K on Saturday. All in all, pretty much all 4 weightlifting routines today were PR efforts. Not bad.

WOD#98 HPClean/SplitJerk 7x1 95#
WOD#99 Crossfit TOTAL! DL 205# (PR), BkSquat 85#, SP 75# (PR)

No comments: