Friday, April 17, 2009

WOD#100! Mini Fight Gone Bad (at Black Box) 11:07@171/184

WOD#100! Mini Fight Gone Bad (at Black Box) 11:07@171/184
2 rounds: 1min rounds of Rowing/8# wallball/Squats/Situps/PU/Break. Average HR was pretty high at 171bpm with max 184 despite no sprints. The max mostly came in wallball as its a tough workout and it comes right after rowing. The situps were full range of motion and PUs required taking hands of the floor. I dont have exact stat but approx: 15-15-30-29-15-*-13-11-20-20-10

The fun part was really the location. This wod wasnt a regular wod. It was part of a beginners' class at the CrossfitNYC. I just thought it was a bit cool to make it a wod#100. Of course I am very quickly falling behind in the regular wod and its likely to get worse due to elements class coming up. The difference in atmosphere is amazing. Its felt very "raw". I notice someone looking for tap to cover blisters. I heard floorwide annoucement which had something to do with blood and pullup bars (I didnt hear the whole thing but it sounds nasty). Even on the beginner's class routine, I had "fun" doing pushups on floor which required raising hands at end and on my first pushup I noticed wet droples right below my face. The rest of the routine was all about avoiding getting my face getting smashed into it (whatever it might have been).

On barefoot front, I did lookout for any barefooter but didnt see any so that issue is still outstanding. Also trainer mentioned about sprints involving running down 3 flights and on street and back up. Interesting concept but not sure if its feasible running on streets. Perhaps I should start bringing vibrams as a compromise.

WOD#100! Mini Fight Gone Bad (at Black Box) 11:07@171/184
BF in NY for 864mi

No comments: