Thursday, March 17, 2011

Biting the bullet

I have decided to take a step back. I am going to approach form more scientifically. This means tuning down the intensity a lot, doing research ahead of the wod and doing drills and subs if needed. It also means keeping gas in the tank for practice so I can practice different skill sets anytime besides one in wod. This will force me to get to the gym more often and not be Dying when i reach home. What I realized is that, i do about 3-4 woods and then get so sore that I can't continue and take Crossfit back up when I feel better. But this is high risk strategy not only for injury but also for constancy. When i try to stay with constancy, I just water down the wod so much that there is really no value added by doing that wod. I need something in between where, intensity is slow burning but continuous and my skills improve dramatically. I will give this a solid month through April 30 and I will see where it takes me.

Here is initial list of skills and drills :
Squat: knees out, hamstring stretch, hands above head, Asian squat
Rings: dips, hole and muscle up progressions
Handstand pushups
Plain pushups and pull ups
Overhead squat
Double under
Pistol: rolling

No comments: