Monday, February 23, 2009

No running in this damn cold weather.

I am still looking forward to the 5K this weekend. Its been so cold this week that no running. It warmed up to 45 degrees on one day but it was raining so I skipped running. Besides, since the 90 (more like 120) double unders, I have been feeling pain in the heel of left foot. Ironically, I was wearing highly cushioned Adidas Supernovas when this happened and not while running barefoot.

WODs continue.
WOD#60 Clean and Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 @65#
Terrible! I remember doing 45 of these last week as a part of 4 different routine (WOD#56) but today, each rep was harder than last and by end the arms felt like they were just about ready to fall off. Not one but BOTH which means it wasnt an injury. It must have ben the Fran and burpees in last couple of days but hard to believe. Even after couple of hours I am hurting but no sharp shooting pain. Very confusing, especially since the rings are in the main due to arrive tomorrow....not to mention Pullups marathon wod coming up.

WOD#61 PU Mania (1-2-3...9-10)  10:00@143/177
This was a lot of fun. This is the only workout in which the HR INCREASED exponentially instead of typical saturation I see. All this time I had been thinking that PU is just a strength training, its quite clear to me now that PU can be quite aerobic if done under time constraint. 

Also, the breakdown I had yesterday on squat-clean was not a limiting factor for the PUs today but right after the workout, I had that familiar feeling of arms just hanging on the side ready to fall off...like in zombie movies. Pretty weird really. Fortunately, the shipment of my rings got delayed so I wont be fulling around with weak shoulders.

Besids ordering rings, another experiement I had been toying with has been the BOSU balance dome. I tried to mimick some weightlifting motions standing on upsidedown dome while keeping balance. I have also been doing 10 squats everyday for last week on BOSU. I made quite a progress since the first time I tried it and couldnt even stand on it.

WOD#63 4 x (400m C2, PP 21-18-15-12@45#) 21:30@153/183
The C2 is moving slowly from strength workout to edurance workout as I am having less muscle fatige but more breathing difficulty doing 500m (250m is not so hard). But total 2km rowing was 9:10). Also pushpress felt harder intially but wasnt really as I managed to do last two sets unbroken. Very nice arms workout with quite a bit of HR work as well.
Speaking of arms, I just got my rings in the mail and they are really nice to touch. However, when I put them up (very easy), even the basis hanging position (top of dip) was rediculously hard. It was so rediculous, I started laughing. RIngs are going to be fun.

BF in NY for 836mi
WOD#60 Clean and Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 @65#
WOD#61 PU Mania (1-2-3...9-10)  10:00@143/177
WOD#63 4 x (400m C2, PP 21-18-15-12@45#) 21:30@153/183

No comments: