Thursday, February 26, 2009

More WODs

The 6min/mi 400m rounds are getting easier. I hope I can keep it up for the 5K this Sunday. The weather is warming up so perhaps I can get some runs outside over next few days.

WOD#64 50Dips/Pushups/HSPU w/ 400m@6:00 between 23:06@152/190
Upper Arm Tricep/mania! Rx was 50 ring dips but I cant even hold static position on rings never mind dips so 50 ring dips were out of question. 50 regular Dips were easier than I thought. However, I didnt/couldnt really do complete dips so thats something I need to work on. All runs were at 6min/mi despite slight tightness in back side of the right leg ankle. Max HR reached 184/190/188 so its getting easier. I was surprised at this but the hardest routine turned out to be 50 pushups as I was actually grunting in last 15 or so pushups. I had done 50 pushups before but perhaps not in chunky sets of 10-15. Or perhaps it was doing pushups after dips and/or fast runs. But as Rxed I tried to keep the pushups as honest as possible though perhaps I was short by about 1-2 inches at lower most position. Also, I noticed I had psudo muscle failure couple of times (i.e. uncontrollered movement going down which was a bit scary. Finally, HSPU is long way for me as I havent even tried head stand yet.I did HSPU with half weight (supported on knees) and that was not very pretty. Its quite clear to me that I need to practice more such workouts before I can trust those shoulder muscles to take entire body weight.


WOD#65 Push Jerk 7@45#/65#
I havent fully internalized technique for Push Jerk and cannot push weights much more before I get the technique right. Part of the problem is lack of flexibility in shoulder and back.

WOD#64 50Dips/Pushups/HSPU w/ 400m@6:00 between 23:06@152/190
WOD#65 Push Jerk 7@45#/65#

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.