Wednesday, December 24, 2008

WOD#18 5-5-5-5-5 backsquat@65#

I jump ahead and did today's workout instead of Eva as planned. The wod involved 5-5-5-5-5 of backsquats.  I did 5 rounds with just the barbell (45#) just to get the form right. Then I did 5 rounds of 65#. It wasnt really that hard but given that this was my very first backsquat, I decided to keep it under full control. Its amazing how much easier it is to do workout with barbell instead of dumbbell. 

I also practiced kipping pullups a bit but its harder than I thought but its doable. Also when I pulled it off, it was so much fun. Separately, I practiced double-under. This also needs some coordination practice and I could only do one at a time. HR shot up to 160+ even with just one doubleunder reps so double-unders have potential to push into anaerobic zone pretty quickly.

BF in NY for 809mi
WOD#18 5-5-5-5-5@65# backsquat

No comments: